Present Continuous Tense Examples
The present continuous is made from the present tense of the verb be and the –ing form of a verb:
POSITIVE FORM (+):
- I am starting.
- She is starting
- She is crying.
- He is talking to his friend.
- The baby is sleeping in his crib.
- They are eating lunch right now.
- Frances is talking on the phone at the moment.
- We are leaving for the beach tomorrow morning.
- The kids are arriving at six o’clock.
- She’s having supper.
- I am listening to melodious songs.
- He is traveling around the world.
- They are playing cricket in that field.
- The poet is writing romantic poems.
- The lyricist is writing realistic songs.
- Are you listening to realistic songs?
- Mary is at university. She’s studying chemistry.
- She is working right now.
- I am helping him to do the task.
NEGATIVE FORM (-):
- I am not quarreling with you.
- You are not working.
- I’m not using the dictionary.
- I’m not getting better at English.
- They‘re not improving the situation.
- I am not always doing homework.
- He is not going to work again.
- She isn’t looking for a job now.
- They are not cooking at the moment
QUESTION FORM (?):
- Are you coming to our home?
- Is mom cooking right now?
- Is mom cooking chicken for dinner tonight?
- Are you living with your family at the moment?
- Is he currently working as a manager?
- Is it raining?
- Are you running?
- Is the man speaking?
- Are you doing her homework?
- Are they trying to fix the car?
- Is Mom cooking?
Do you like «Present Continuous Tense» article? Pls add your comment.